
We welcomed James Emanuel Vakakes II into the world on August 5th, 2008. It was such an awesome experience not finding out whether we were having a girl or a boy. I would definitely do it again. After being in labor for 10 hours ,the doctor let us know that we needed to try a different plan. It happened so quickly. He mentioned c-section and the next thing I know I am being carted off to the OR. E.J was not too far behind. It took maybe 20 minutes before the baby was delivered. The doctor let E.J. call out the sex of the baby to me and I will never be able to explain how incredible the feeling was to hear his voice crack telling me "Helena, it's a boy."
I was so happy that E.J got to show our son to the crowd waiting for the news. This is the picture posted. It was so cute. One of the nurses told EJ to turn the little hat with the blue bow on top inside out so that now one could see whether it was a boy or girl. So when he got to the window everyone was just lined up waiting to find out. And when he mouthed 'boy', our family began to cheer.
No comments:
Post a Comment